Monday, August 24, 2009

I have a real soft spot for Rottweiler's.....




I have a real soft spot for Rottweiler's.
My first love was a Rottweiler, she was such a sweet baby and lived with me through my rough teenage years, until she sadly died of cancer when I was 19 years old. She would sleep in my bed, cuddle with me, listen to me and just be there for me through everything.
Her name was Nita and she was a sweetheart!

The reason I bough that up is I came across a real sad and disgusting case of neglect towards a Rottweiler in Israel.
The dogs name is Jake and he is 1 years old.
His owners have been holding him chained to a tight and very short heavy metal chain in the backyard no matter what the weather was like (and in Israel it gets REALLY HOT). He was beaten on a regular basis. (he crawls up into a little ball anytime someone raises his hand next to him) When found he was weighing only 26 Kilo (about 52 lbs) which is half the weight a dog his size should weigh, and having real struggles standing up. He was been fed a small plate of food once a week and who knows how often he drank water.

Despite all of this he is affectionate and loving!
He is now in need of a home.

Located in Israel.
Telephone for adoption info: 972-54-7266-550

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping the dog!