Monday, February 23, 2009


Before you pass me up because I am another pit mix in the shelter, please take a minute to read my story. I was once a happy, normal dog. I had an owner and a home. I woke up and saw sunlight. I got fed in a quiet apartment and went on regular walks with my owner. I loved him very much and still miss him. But I have come to realize he is not coming back for me. I need to move on. Its been over a year since he dropped me off at the shelter. I cried in the cage for days but still he did not come back. However I was one of the lucky ones. When my time was up at the shelter, I was transferred to rescue instead of being put to sleep. I am grateful to be alive, to go for walks, to have regular meals... but I miss having a home. I have been at this no-kill shelter so long, I feel like the world has forgotten me. A lot of the dogs bark and cry all night. Sometimes I cannot sleep. I get so frustrated. I need room to stretch my legs. But most of all, I need a home and owner who loves me again. I am an incredibly good dog. I am housebroken, I am not destructive. I know some basic commanders, I am a quick learner. I am good in the car. I love to play and am very affectionate. I walk well on a leash. I am not too big either, only around 40 lbs. I could live happily in apartment with proper exercise. Please help me find a home again. I promise I will be a good dog. Love Tickles.

To adopt or foster Tickles please email adopt@bobbicares.org or visit www.bobbiandthestrays.org">www.bobbiandthestrays.org for more info

No comments: