Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Andy and Omri


In the mean time let me write a little about Omri (my 2yr old) and Andy (my pug - btw. I am totally against puppy mills...will get into that in another post):


Andy and Omri have developed a loving and warm relationship, especially now that Omri feeds him...cleans him, hugs and kisses....Omri adores him!


When I was pregnant I was very worried what would become of Andy...he was the center of attention and it was important to me to maintain that to some extreme. I am a very loyal person...not one to push the dog aside because the baby has arrived...


When we bought Omri home Andy sniffed him and then pretty stayed away.

He then did growl a few times in the following months, which made me terribly anxious and I considered hiring a behavioral trainer.

Let me add that I was not worried Andy would actually attack...I was so disappointed as I was sure they would have this special relationship...


Due to cost factors we decided to hang in there and see if things change...and they have!


I think the big change started when Omri started walking...

(I read once that dogs see crawling babies as other dogs until they start walking).


Omri has also learned to 'boss' him around....but at the same time wants to take a bath and go to bed with Andy....oh..so sweet.


I am so happy with my little clan...and so glad I never gave up on there relationship. Andy is lucky to have another (little) person give him warmth and love and Omri has learned to love and appreciate dogs with no fear.

No comments: